In this video sewing workshop I shall guide you step by step through the process of handsewing a waldorf inspired wool felt star baby.
A little about the project...
- A simple hand sewing project (suitable for beginners)
- Explore the magic of working with wool felt
- Celestial Star Babies make beautiful gifts, party favours, Christmas tree decorations + the final birthday star ... (of the birthday countdown from the Magical Birthdays ebook)
- A fun project to make with older children (7+ years)
- Lots of opportunity to add your unique creative expression to each one!
- Slow down with the magic of hand sewing and nourish your creative spirit!
Materials you will need...
- wool felt
- tricot (a stretchy cotton fabric traditionally used in Waldorf doll making or some up-cycled stretchy cotton)
- wool fleece stuffing
- hair (I'll share my favourite materials with you!)
- embroidery threads
- pins, needles & scissors
- (optional) seed beads or sequins, fabric scraps for the moonbed & metallic thread for a little extra magic
Slow down with the magic of hand sewing and nourish your
Join the sewing workshop!
CELESTIAL STAR BABIES SEWING WORKSHOP
- Instant Access to the sewing workshop hosted on our private membrship platform
- Video tutorials showing you each step of the process
- Material list with suggestions for suppliers
- Printable pattern sheet
- BONUS: Star Baby Printable Colour Instructions from the Magical Birthdays ebook!
Hi there, I'm Natalie
mama, author & creative maker
I'm a mama of 3 children and creative maker of all things magical, living in the beautiful hinterland on the east coast of Australia.
My ebook Magical Birthdays for Children: A guide to creating wholehearted & mindful celebrations has offered inspiration & creativity to thousands of parents around the world.
My interest in hand stitching started when I was a child - inspired by my mum and both my grandmothers who sewed....and I have been hand sewing little treasures of all kinds ever since!
I believe that prioritising our creativity is essential to our wellbeing & living a full & beautiful life....It's so easy for us to get caught up in the monotony of everyday (especially when we're in the season of motherhood) but I'm here to help you make time to nourish your soul with some creative making!