Mama + Child Elixir: Nourishing Bone Broth
To read the ins and outs on bone broth, I suggest reading these articles from my two good friends – Emma, the Nutrition Coach and Georgia, Stirring Change. Both these Mamas know there stuff when it comes to nutrition.
From the pantry
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Roast your beef bones in oven until browned. I do this on a sheet of ‘if you care baking paper’.
3. Transfer bones into stock pot, however do not pour in any of the fat or juices that may have come out of the bones.
4. Add in roughly chopped vegetables, apple cider vinegar, herbs, garlic cloves whole
5. Cover with filtered water
6. Turn on heat and simmer
7. Remove any froth/ scrum that floats to the top
8. Continue to simmer on a low heat for 3-4 hours, no longer.
9. After this time, turn off heat and leave to sit on bench until coolish.
10. Strain, disgard solids and pour liquid into glass jars and/or ice cube containers and store in the freezer. Broth is fine in the refrigerator for a few days, so I keep out what I will use over 2 days and freeze the rest.
I store my broth in mason jars/ glass jars and these wonderful Wean Meister freezer pods from Biome. I’ve been using these for many years now and they are my favourite. Once frozen, I pop them out and store the broth cubes in a container in the freezer. This way I have portions available for adding into meals or warming to drink before a meal.
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you buy something using these links I may receive a commission. As I’m sure you know, I only share products that I personally love and use in my own kitchen.
Hi I’m Natalie,
I hope to spark your creativity, and inspire you to bring beauty & magic into childhood.
When I'm not creating new projects for our Sewing Circle community or making another Waldorf doll, I love to help other women get their creative dreams out into the world. You can learn more about my mentoring here.
Leave a Comment